Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
A recipe of my creation, it combines the tartness of the berries with the sweetness of the chocolate Note: I used all low fat/ sugar sub ingredients because it helps keep it healthier without effecting the flavor, but you can use whole fat/plain sugar if you'd like. .
- 2 1⁄4 cups finely crushed low-fat graham crackers
- 1 egg white
- 6 1⁄2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 -3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup cashews
- 24 ounces neufchatel cheese
- fat sour cream
- fat ricotta cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 2⁄3 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup raspberries
- 1⁄2 cup blackberry
- 2 large strawberries, hulled
- 1⁄2 cup dark chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup milk chocolate
- 1⁄4 cup white chocolate
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- Pre heat the oven to 350. Line a 9x13 springform pan with foil and set aside.
- Crush the graham crackers/cashews finely either by hand or in a food processor and pour into a lg. bowl.
- Add the cinnamon, tossing to coat. Incorporate melted butter and egg white with a rubber spatula until well-incorporated. Press into lined pan and bake at 350 for 8 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- In a stand mixer, blend cream cheeses w/splenda and sugar until creamy (1-2 min). Incorporate eggs/yolk ,one at a time, and slowly add in ricotta, sour cream, vanilla, lemon, flour, and cornstarch until well incorporated. Pour into crust and set aside while making the berry filling.
- BERRY SWIRL:.
- Puree blackberries/strawberries/raspberries together in a blender and sieve out excess seeds (some seeds are fine, just not so much it over powers the cheesecake). Swirl into the cake (this will creat the layered effect).
- Bake the cheesecake in the center rack of the oven at 400 F (don't forget a water bath for your cheesecake! put cool water or ice in the bottom outer pan of your springform pan, if you don't have an outer pan; a lg, bake-safe, shallow bowl will work too) for 45-60 minutes until slightly browned and jiggles only in the center (about 2 inches from the crust). Remove from the oven and glaze with Ganache (which you can make, see below, while the cheesecake cooks/cools).
- CHOCOLATE GANACHE SHELL:.
- Melt (either in the microwave, checking frequently, or using double-boiler method) the dark and milk chocolate with heavy cream, stirring until incorporated. Slowly swirl in white chocolate until partially incorporated. Pour/spread over finished cheesecake, swirling with a chopstick to create decorative swirls in crust.
- Chill in fridge for 9-24 hours before eating, enjoy.