2 hrs 30 mins
traveling baker!!!'s Note:
Layers of a healthy sweetness.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 275*.
- 2Spray an 11x15-inch baking sheet.
- 3Cut a piece of parchment or wax paper to fit the cookie sheet.
- 4Using an 8 or 9-inch cake pan, trace 2 circles on the paper.
- 5Invert paper onto baking sheet and set aside.
- 6Place egg whites,cornstarch, sugar and vanilla into mixing bowl.
- 7Beat with an electric beater for 3-4 minutes, until medium-stiff peaks form. With a rubber spatula spread meringue onto paper, just inside traced circles.
- 8Smooth tops and bake for 60 to 75 minutes, until surface is quite dry.
- 9Remove from oven and let cool down for 15 minutes.
- 10Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine coffee-powder,and cocoa.
- 11Add water and stir until smooth.
- 12When meringue is cool, carefully turn them over and peel away paper.
- 13Trim edges of meringue with a serrated knife, if necessary to fit in the cake pan. Place one meringue in the pan.
- 14Place about one cup of softened sorbet in a small bowl, with the coca-coffee mixture and stir well.
- 15Stir remaining 2 cups of sorbet until smooth and is easily spreadable.
- 16Inmediately spread half of the plain sorbet over meringue layer in pan and smooth the top.
- 17Repeat with half of the cocoa-sorbet mixture.
- 18Add the 2nd meringue layer, remaining raspberry sorbet, smoothing the top after each layer.
- 19Decorate with raspberries and chocolate covered espresso beans.
- 20Cover and freeze until firm, at least 1 hour.
- 21To serve, slide torte from pan onto serving plate using a thin spatula.
- 22Cut into portions with thin bland knife.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Raspberry Berry Meringue Torte
Serving Size: 1 (35 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 68.1
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 27.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 12.6 g
- Protein 1.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: