Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
My Dad LOVES raspberry bars and this is his favorite recipe. It is very easy to make and very tasty.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup raspberry jam
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Mix all dry ingredients.
- Cut in butter until crumbly.
- Place half of crumb mixture in a 13x9 pan.
- Bake 10 minutes, let cool.
- Return oven to 325°.
- Mix jam and lemon juice well.
- Spread carefully over cooled crumbs.
- Sprinkle jam with remaining crumb mixture.
- Gently push crumbs into jam.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until light golden brown.
Wonderful buttery little bars, and too easy to make. Used a half pint of homemade raspberry jam. Could use an flavor, really. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Excellent! Instead of raspberry jam, I defrosted then mashed 1 bag of frozen raspberries with 1 tbsp sugar. I also added 1/3 cup of coconut to the topping part of the batter.
We really liked these! I also like that the ingredients are simple, so I can make these any time. Thank you for sharing this one.