Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I made these for the first time this Christmas, and they are destined to become a "regular" on my list every year. If you don't like raspberry, I'm sure any other flavor of preserves would be equally delicious!
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 (10 ounce) jar raspberry preserves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, pecans, butter& egg.
- Beat at low speed, scraping bowl often, until mixture is crumbly (about 2-3 minutes).
- Reserve 1 1/2 cups crumb mixture; set aside.
- Press remaining crumb mixture on bottom of greased 8- or 9-inch square baking pan.
- Spread preserves to within 1/2 inch of edge.
- Crumble reserved crumb mixture over preserves.
- Bake 40-50 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool completely; cut into bars or squares.
This is an oldie and a goodie...........rather than raspberry or any other jam we prefer lemon curd. It is is just another filling that can be used but have tried many over the years. Thanks for reminding me (and everyone else out there) how good these are. Butter is definnitely the only way to go......
I needed something different for my "goodie" trays for Christmas. These looked like just what I was after.They were pretty easy to make, and OMG...they are so good! I almost want to take them off of my trays and keep them all for myself! I did need to bake them for closer to an hour, maybe b/c I live at a high altitude. Thanks for the recipe~!
When I lived in the Middle East my Aunt used to make these bars for me everytime I went to visit her and she filled them with preserves and nuts..WOW..I can taste it everytime I think about it...I searched high and low trying every recipe that I came across.I came across this and thought I should give it a try... As it baked in the oven it smelled so familure. I couldnt wait to try them, adn when I did it almost brought tears to my eyes.I remembered My Aunt Abby and our talks over tea and cake.The best recipes are the ones that stay with you and this recipe will stay with me...Thank You.