Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are easy squares that look beautiful on a cookie tray. Very substitution-friendly, just use any jam or jelly that is a bright colour.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup raspberry jam (any other red jam will do)
- 4 tablespoons icing sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- Cream the butter and the sugar.
- Beat in the yolks, then stir in the flour, 1/2 cup at a time.
- Press half the dough into a 9 inch square pan.
- Spread with jam and top with the remaining dough.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar and nuts.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Cut into bars when cooled.
- Sprinkle with extra powdered sugar, if desired.