Recipe by Manami
These bar cookies are easy to prepare because they are spread in a pan and baked all at one time. Cool before cutting. This is great for brunch & a warm cup of coffee. It is a very easy recipe and it looks like you spent hours preparing it. Found it on RecipeLand.com.
Top Review by Beth F.
These are great! I used your recipe because it had less butter and sugar than some of the others. I made the crumb in my food processor adding regular oatmeal at the last and they turned out super. I also added about 2 Tbsp lemon juice to the jam because another recipe called for that. I will make these again and again and people will be impressed.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups seedless raspberry jam (*)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt and oatmeal.
- Cut in all but 2 Tablespoons butter.
- Press 1/2 of flour mixture evenly into a greased 13X9" pan.
- Spread jam over batter in pan, then top with remaining flour mixture.
- Dot with 2 Tablespoons butter and with chopped pecans.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool completely, then cut into triangles.
- *Variation: Use other types of jam such as strawberry, blueberry or apricot.