Recipe by PianoCook
I got this recipe from a friend in high school and have made it almost every year since as a favorite on either Thanksgiving or Christmas. These are simple and yummy, and I crave them every fall! I usually fully process the walnuts into a fine powder because I don't like the texture of nuts, but they add a nice flavor.
Top Review by Toni in Colorado
This is a very good not too sweet bar cookie. I had trouble with the Crumble Topping. Mine was very sticky. Maybe I added too much margarine. I could not sprinkle it; I spooned it on and pressed each spoonful gently to spread it out. It baked okay with a little of the raspberry jam peeking through. I will definitely make this again. Thanks.
- 473.18 ml flour
- 118.29 ml powdered sugar
- 236.59 ml margarine
- 236.59 ml seedless raspberry jam
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 177.44 ml flour
- 236.59 ml chopped walnuts
- 118.29 ml light brown sugar
- 118.29 ml margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- For crust, mix ingredients together (I usually melt the butter first to make it even easier, but you don't have to) and pat into bottom of a 9-in. x 13-in. x 2-in. pan. Bake 12 minutes.
- For filling, stir ingredients together and spread over baked crust. You do not have to wait for the crust to cool.
- For crumble topping, mix ingredients together and sprinkle over top. Bake for 20 minutes.