Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (about 2 medium)
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 cup unsweetened raspberry (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl combine flour,sugar,baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl,combine eggs,bananas,oil and water.
- Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fold in raspberries and walnuts.
- Pour into two greased 8x4x2 inch loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 min.
- before removing from pans.
- NOTE if using frozen raspberries do not thaw before adding to the batter.
This was delicious! And a great way to use up my leftover raspberries. I don't normally linger on recipes, but if I rebake any, this will surely be one of them!
Wow! I thought this bread was delicious! I don't think I'll ever make plain banana bread again after trying this.I only had a bag of frozen mixed berries so I just picked all the raspberries out.I didn't have quite a cup so I went ahead and added a few of the blackberries and strawberries chopped up as well.I loved all the berries in this! I think next time I'll add even more.It tasted like it had berry jam baked in the bread.I used 3 large bananas and I added about a tsp of cinnamon and vanilla.I baked mine in an 8x4 pan and 1 mini loaf pan.Mine was a little underdone in the center but I actually prefer it that way.I just had some for breakfast this morning with my coffee and I couldn't quit eating it it's so good! I'm so glad I decided to try this because I think this is now my favorite banana bread recipe!
I followed the recipe exactly and the loaves fell apart when I took them out of the oven. I cook the loaves for 45 minutes, and the top burnt and the middle wasn't done!