Recipe by KelBel
A light, fruity chicken dish, only 4 WW points, but you would never know. Other fruit preserves, such as apricot, blackberry, or peach will also work in this recipe.
Top Review by retiree09
This was absolutely scrumptious! Although, I didn't have raspberry jam or red onions, so I used strawberry jam and white onions; and I thinly sliced the onions instead of chopping them. Then I browned the chicken first, set it aside to keep warm, then did the onions, etc. Then returned the chicken to sauce and simmered covered an additional 15 minutes, turning once or twice. This is definitely a keeper.
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 (4 -6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄3 cup seedless raspberry preserves
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over med-high heat, add onion and saute 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle thyme and 1/4 tsp salt over chicken.
- Add chicken to pan; saute 6 minutes on each side.
- Remove chicken from pan and keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium, add 1/4 tsp salt, preserves, vinegar, and pepper to pan, stirring until preserves melt.
- To Serve:.
- Spoon sauce over chicken and serve immediately. OR Return chicken to pan and coat chicken evenly, serve immediately.