Recipe by kolibri
I've been searching for a recipe for something like Starbuck's low fat raspberry apple muffins, and this is the closest I've managed to get. It's based on a recipe from Waitrose magazine from February 2000.
- 250 g plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 large dessert apples
- 4 tablespoons clear honey
- 1 lemon, finely grated zest
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 200 ml nonfat milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 150 g raspberries (frozen are ok)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 180°C Lightly oil a non-stick muffin tray.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a large bowl.
- Roughly grate the apple, with its skin but without its core, into the bowl.
- Mix it in with the honey and lemon zest.
- Roughly stir in the egg, oil and milk until the batter is just mixed but still a little lumpy.
- Toss the frozen raspberries in the sugar (fresh ones can go straight in) then quickly fold them in to the batter.
- Spoon into the muffin tins, filling each to the top as these don't rise too much.
- Bake for 20 minutes until a thin knife inserted into them comes out clean.
- Let cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then on a wire rack. Enjoy!