Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe is just like my regular raspberry/apple jam but with the addition of honey and a hint of vanilla. You can omit the vanilla if you wish, but it's such a small amount all it does is bring out the other flavors. This recipe is a small batch, makes 6 half pint jars. You can easily double this recipe. Enjoy!
- 3 -4 cups mashed raspberries (equals 6 pints, a little over 1 pound)
- 1 apple (diced with skin)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dry pectin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- Wash and mash berries.
- Dice apple into tiny pieces - you can leave the skin on.
- Add mashed berries, apple, and lemon juice in pan and cook until it boils, stirring a few times.
- Let fruit cook for about 15 to 20 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- In separate bowl, combine sugar and pectin and stir together.
- Add sugar/pectin mixture into the fruit and stir.
- Next add the honey and vanilla. Stir well.
- Cook for about 10 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and fill jars to 1/4" of top. (Recipe makes six 8oz. jars).
- Wipe rims clean and screw on 2-piece lids.
- Submerge sealed jars into hot water at 200 degrees (or boiling) for 10 minutes. You will hear a "pop" sound once jars are removed from water - that is when the lids are sealed. Let cool on your kitchen counter.