Prep 12 hrs
Cook 4 hrs
This glamorous summer dessert is absolutely heavenly!
- 2⁄3 cup egg white, at room temperature (about 4 eggs)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄3 teaspoons vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond flavoring
- 3 ounces raspberry Jell-O gelatin
- 1 1⁄4 cups boiling water
- 1 cup fresh raspberry
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Meringue shell:.
- Beat all ingredients together til they are really stiff and glossy.
- Spread evenly in a well buttered pie plate, raising the meringue around the sides of the pan.
- Preheat oven to 400°F, and turn it OFF.
- Put the pie shell into the oven, and forget about it til the oven is cold (overnight is a good amount of time).
- The shell will be a pale beige.
- If it has cracked, the oven is too hot.
- If it is tough, the oven was too cool.
- Add boiling water to the jello powder, stir til powder is dissolved.
- Chill until mixture is consistency of egg whites.
- Mash fresh raspberries slightly.
- Whip cream til stiff and fold both into the jello.
- Chill until mixture holds its shape when dropped from a spoon.
- Spoon into prepared meringue shell.
- Chill for several hours.
- Garnish with sweetened whipped cream and whole raspberries at serving time.
- If desired, raspberries could be substituted with strawberries.