Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Posted in response to a recipe request.
- 16 ounces angel food cake mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 ounces raspberry gelatin powder
- 12 ounces frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Prepare cake mix according to directions.
- Stir in almond and vanilla extracts.
- Grease a 10" tube pan.
- Spoon 2/3 of the batter into the prepared pan.
- Add the raspberry gelatin powder to the remaining batter and drop by tablespoons over the batter in the tube pan.
- Use a knife to make a swirled pattern in the batter.
- Bake cake according to the directions on the package.
- Cool completely on a wire rack (at least 1 hour).
- Combine the sugar and raspberries in a bowl
- Slice the cake and serve topped with raspberries.
Made for Healthy Choices ABC Tag game. This was so easy and elegant. I used a gluten free angel food cake mix. It was all I could do to keep from eating the whole thing! Angel food cake is one of my weaknesses. I'll be making this again over the weekend as we have a potluck to attend at church on Sunday. Also, I can't wait to experiment with other jello flavors. I think it would be good with lemon jello as well. Thanks for posting this Dreamgoddess!