Recipe by Manami
This is quick, easy and makes for a very pretty ending to a wonderful meal! This is the kind of recipe where you can make a few changes here & there and it will always turn out well..Sprigs of fresh mint add a garden-fresh touch. Serve it with a scoop of lemon or vanilla sorbet, for a quick change. BH&G newsletter
- 1 (7 inch) angel food cake, sliced in 8 wedges (use 1/2 only - 4 oz)
- 3 cups raspberries
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free caramel topping
- 1 tablespoon mint jam or 1 tablespoon apricot jam
- 1 cup frozen fruit sorbet
- fresh mint sprig
Directions See How It's Made
- In large nonstick skillet toast cake slices over medium-high heat for 3 to 5 minutes, turning to brown evenly; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in blender container or food processor bowl combine 2 cups of the raspberries, the caramel topping, and mint jelly.
- Cover and blend or process with several on/off turns to combine and puree berries.
- Strain through a fine mesh strainer.
- Stir remaining 1 cup berries into strained berry mixture.
- To serve, place toasted cake slices on plates.
- Top with berry mixture, a small scoop of sorbet, and mint sprigs.