Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This was served at our wedding and it was really delicious. I thought all spinach salads were pretty much the same until I tried this dressing.
- 6 cups spinach
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1⁄2 red onion, sliced very thinly
- 1 cup pecans, candied if you have them
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup canola oil or 1 cup safflower oil
- 1⁄3 cup raspberry vinegar
- Mix the oil into the poppyseeds, dijon and honey.
- Add vinegar.
- Shake well-- this dressing stays emulsified very well.
- You can toss with the rest of the salad ingredients or toss with just the spinach and then garnish the top with the other ingredients, or plate each serving and pour dressing over, whatever you choose.
Delicious salad! Used strawberries instead of raspberries. Very attractive presentation for so little effort. We made it two days in a row, it's that good!
Made this for someones birthday party yesterday and everyone raved! I used sugared pecans. Wonderful!
I made this to serve tomorrow at a family party. So far, the dressing is wonderful. The poppy seeds make it extra special and it is so easy to make!