Recipe by Gay Gilmore
This was served at our wedding and it was really delicious. I thought all spinach salads were pretty much the same until I tried this dressing.
- 6 cups spinach
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1⁄2 red onion, sliced very thinly
- 1 cup pecans, candied if you have them
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup canola oil or 1 cup safflower oil
- 1⁄3 cup raspberry vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the oil into the poppyseeds, dijon and honey.
- Add vinegar.
- Shake well-- this dressing stays emulsified very well.
- You can toss with the rest of the salad ingredients or toss with just the spinach and then garnish the top with the other ingredients, or plate each serving and pour dressing over, whatever you choose.