Recipe by PinkCherryBlossom
A stunning centrepeice from Rose Elliott. It can be made ahead and frozen, allow 2 hours defrosting time and freeze in a rigid container to protect it. Try to use triple distilled rose water if you can find it.
- 4 egg whites
- 250 g caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 300 ml double cream (heavy)
- 2 teaspoons rose water
- 375 g raspberries
- rose petal, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 180C and cover a large baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- using a clean bowl and whisk, whisk the eggs till they stand in peaks.
- Mix sugar and cornflour and fold into the egg whites inches It is best to fold the sugar in three batches. Finally stir in the vanilla and vinegar.
- Spoon the mix onto the baking paper. make a circle 20cm in diameter and swirl the top making a few peaks for aesthetics.
- Place meringue in the oven then turn the heat down to 150C and bake for 1 1/4 hours (it should be crisp). Turn off oven and allow pavlova to cool in oven (if possible).
- To finish the pavlova, whip the cream into soft peaks and pile on top of the meringue cover with raspberries and serve decorated with rose petals or freeze until needed.