Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Creamy Summer Dessert for the World Tour II chock full of peaches and raspberries
Make and share this Raspberry and Peach Trifle recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (or low fat brand)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold water
- 4 ounces instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups Cool Whip
- 16 ounces shortcakes (Cut into Cubes)
- 1 (12 ounce) cansliced peaches, drained reserve 1/3 cup juice
- 1 (15 ounce) package frozen raspberries, thawed and reserve 1/3 cup juice
- Combine Eagle Brand and water,add pudding mix and beat well. Chill for about 20 minutes or until thickened and fold in Kool Whip.
- Line bottom and sides of a 12 cup glass bowl with lady fingers.
- Combines the reserved juices from fruit.
- Spoon a third of the juice mixture over lady fingers. Cover with a third of the pudding mixture and top with half of the raspberries and peach slices. Cover with a layer of lady fingers and repeat layering, ending with pudding mixture.
- Chill and garnish with a few raspberries or strawberries.
- Serve and Enjoy.
This was such a light refreshing dessert! I used pound cake instead of ladyfingers and my family devoured it in no time at all.
Well, did I have fun with this. Mom & I loved it, 1 kid didn't like the pudding, the other didn't like the fruit. (eyes rolling on both counts) I cut up an angel food cake. I used fresh raspberries from the farmstand. I found peach slices packed in juice not syrup. I used fat free/sugar free pudding mix and fat free cool whip. Cardiac rehab nurse mom is keeping this recipe for her patients! The only problem I had was the pudding mixture was too thick. I added the juice to it to try to thin it out a smidge. I wonder if milk could be used instead of the sweetened condensed milk? Thanks!