Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Creamy Summer Dessert for the World Tour II chock full of peaches and raspberries
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (or low fat brand)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold water
- 4 ounces instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups Cool Whip
- 16 ounces shortcakes (Cut into Cubes)
- 1 (12 ounce) cansliced peaches, drained reserve 1/3 cup juice
- 1 (15 ounce) package frozen raspberries, thawed and reserve 1/3 cup juice
- Combine Eagle Brand and water,add pudding mix and beat well. Chill for about 20 minutes or until thickened and fold in Kool Whip.
- Line bottom and sides of a 12 cup glass bowl with lady fingers.
- Combines the reserved juices from fruit.
- Spoon a third of the juice mixture over lady fingers. Cover with a third of the pudding mixture and top with half of the raspberries and peach slices. Cover with a layer of lady fingers and repeat layering, ending with pudding mixture.
- Chill and garnish with a few raspberries or strawberries.
- Serve and Enjoy.
This was such a light refreshing dessert! I used pound cake instead of ladyfingers and my family devoured it in no time at all.
Well, did I have fun with this. Mom & I loved it, 1 kid didn't like the pudding, the other didn't like the fruit. (eyes rolling on both counts) I cut up an angel food cake. I used fresh raspberries from the farmstand. I found peach slices packed in juice not syrup. I used fat free/sugar free pudding mix and fat free cool whip. Cardiac rehab nurse mom is keeping this recipe for her patients! The only problem I had was the pudding mixture was too thick. I added the juice to it to try to thin it out a smidge. I wonder if milk could be used instead of the sweetened condensed milk? Thanks!