Prep 2 hrs
Cook 0 mins
This sounds wonderful as a topping for pound cake or just by itself for breakfast or a fruit dessert. Any kind of berries (or a mixture of berries) can be substituted for the raspberries. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (June 2004)
- 3 cups fresh raspberries, divided (see note in description)
- 6 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 lbs peaches, unpeeled, haled, pitted and cut into 1/3-inch thick slices
- In a small bowl crush 1 cup of the raspberries with 2 tablespoons sugar. Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour.
- In a large bowl toss peaches with 4 tablespoons sugar. Let stand for 30 minutes, tossing occasionally.
- Press raspberry/sugar mixture through sieve set over a bowl. Stir in remaining raspberries (2 cups).
- Stir raspberry mixture into peaches.
Made as directed except for peeling the peaches, but sugar was still grainy. Made it again this time cooking the 1 cup of crushed rasperries with the sugar, and adding a little vanilla and cinnamon to the peeled peaches. Now we have a winner.