Recipe by Satyne
This recipe is based on you using a Kitchen Aid and has been adapted from their recipes included with the Ice Cream Maker attachment. Prep time includes time to chill overnight.
- 750 g frozen raspberries
- 1⁄8 cup water
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 handful of fresh mint, washed (can be any variety, I used a combo of spearmint, apple mint and chocolate mint)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine raspberries, mint and water in a bowl (or food processor) and blend until smooth.
- Pour the liquid into an airtight container and refrigerate at least 8 hours, or until thoroughly chilled.
- Meanwhile, combine sugar and water in a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium high heat. Stir until all sugar has dissolved, approximately 10 minutes.
- Transfer the pan to an ice bath and stir until chilled. Keep chilled until ready to use.
- Combine Raspberry and Syrup mixture.
- Affix the freeze bowl to stand mixer and set up for use (per manufacturers instructions).
- Set it going on Stir (speed 1) and pour the mixture into the freeze bowl, leaving stir setting going between 7-12 mins or until it is at your desired consistency.
- Immediately transfer mixture into a container for freezing and freeze for at least 2 hours before serving.