Prep 40 mins
Cook 24 hrs
I wish you could see the photo of this dessert; It looks gorgeous! Notes & tips: This recipe suggests using Blue Ribbon ice-cream as it refreezes without forming ice crystals. I fusing frozen raspberries, I think you'd have to thaw them a bit before starting. Cooking time is freezing time. Source: Super Food Ideas magazine - February 2004
- 2 liters vanilla ice cream (see note)
- 300 g fresh raspberries (or frozen)
- 4 (165 g) packets Maltesers
- cocoa powder, to serve
- Grease and line a 23cm (base) springform pan.
- Transfer ice-cream to a large bowl and stand for 10 minutes to soften slightly.
- Roughly mash raspberries.
- Use a rolling pin to crush 1 packet of Maltesers.
- Fold berries and crushed Maltesers through ice-cream.
- Spoon into prepared pan & smooth surface.
- Press remaining Maltesers into top of cake. Cover and freeze overnight.
- Dust with cocoa. Cut into wedges and serve.