1/2 Photos of Raspberry and Lemon Layer Cake
1 hr 30 mins
Rosie Rob's Note:
Easy to make, impressive to look at and wonderful to eat. Perfect for special ocassions. The sponges can be made in advance and frozen.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 150 g butter, softened plus extra for greasing
- 250 g plain flour, plus a little for dusting
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 275 g caster sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 200 ml plain yogurt
- 2 lemon zest, only finely grated
- 250 g mascarpone
- 150 g lemon curd
- 400 g fresh raspberries
- icing sugar, to dust
- 1Heat the oven to 180C/350F/GMk 4.
- 2Grease three 7in (18cm) sandwich tins with a little butter and dust with flour.
- 3Sift together the flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and salt.
- 4Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy then add the eggs a little at a time and beat until well mixed.
- 5Alternately add the flour and yogurt, starting and ending with the flour to stabilise the mixture; stir in the lemon zest.
- 6Divide the mixture equally between the three tins and bake for 20-25 minutes until risen and golden.
- 7Allow the cakes to cool in the tins for 10 minutes before removing. Do not assemble until the cake is completely cooled.
- 8Set aside the nicest layer for the top.
- 9Beat together the mascarpone and lemon curd until smooth.
- 10Spread the bottom layer with half of the mascarpone mixture and half of the raspberries. Top with the second cake layer and repeat.
- 11Add the top layer and dust liberally with icing sugar. Serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Raspberry and Lemon Layer Cake
Serving Size: 1 (157 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 469.3
- Calories from Fat 161
- Total Fat 17.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 96.2 mg
- Sodium 326.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 37.9 g
- Protein 7.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: