Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Leith's Recipe of the Day. I've never made this, but have always wanted to. Serve this with creme fraiche or greek yohurt.
- Preheat oven to 200C/400°F.
- Roll out the pastry and use it to line a 25cm tart tin.
- Prick the base lightly all over with a fork and refrigerate again until firm.
- Make the frangipane: Cream the butter in a bowl, gradually beat in the sugar, and continue beating until the mixture is light and soft.
- Gradually add the eggs and yolks, beating well after each addition.
- Add the Kirsch if it is being used, and then stir in the ground almonds and flour.
- Spread the jam evenly over the base of the chilled pastry case.
- Sprinkle with the raspberries so that they are evenly spaced.
- Pile the frangipane over the raspberries and use a spatula to smooth it.
- Bake the tart near the top of the oven for ten minutes or until the pastry is beginning to brown.
- Turn down the oven temperature to 180C/350F and bake for a further 40- 45 minutes or until the frangipane is set.
- Dust with icing sugar just before serving.