1 hr 10 mins
From Leith's Recipe of the Day. I've never made this, but have always wanted to. Serve this with creme fraiche or greek yohurt.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 200C/400°F.
- 2Roll out the pastry and use it to line a 25cm tart tin.
- 3Prick the base lightly all over with a fork and refrigerate again until firm.
- 4Make the frangipane: Cream the butter in a bowl, gradually beat in the sugar, and continue beating until the mixture is light and soft.
- 5Gradually add the eggs and yolks, beating well after each addition.
- 6Add the Kirsch if it is being used, and then stir in the ground almonds and flour.
- 7Spread the jam evenly over the base of the chilled pastry case.
- 8Sprinkle with the raspberries so that they are evenly spaced.
- 9Pile the frangipane over the raspberries and use a spatula to smooth it.
- 10Bake the tart near the top of the oven for ten minutes or until the pastry is beginning to brown.
- 11Turn down the oven temperature to 180C/350F and bake for a further 40- 45 minutes or until the frangipane is set.
- 12Dust with icing sugar just before serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Raspberry and Frangipane Tart
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 764.0
- Calories from Fat 490
- Total Fat 54.4 g
- Saturated Fat 19.2 g
- Cholesterol 153.5 mg
- Sodium 464.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 27.0 g
- Protein 11.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: