Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Delicious congealed raspberry salad with cream cheese and pretzel topping. Love the sweet with the salty, and anything with cream cheese of course. The pie filling I use is Solo brand and is a smallish can - I believe about 12 oz. This makes a pretty "red" alternative for the Holiday season. Printed off the internet some time ago so can't give proper credit.
- 2 (6 ounce) packages raspberry gelatin powder or 2 (6 ounce) packages Jello gelatin
- 4 cups boiling water
- 2 (12 ounce) cans raspberry pie filling
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 (12 ounce) container whipped topping, light is fine (Cool Whip)
- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- 1 cup crushed walnuts
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup melted margarine
- Pour the raspberry gelatin into a mixing bowl and combine with boiling water until gelatin is melted.
- Add the raspberry pie filling.
- Pour into a glass 9x13" pan and place in the refrigerator until set.
- With a mixer, combine the cream cheese, sugar and whipped topping until smooth and thoroughly mixed.
- Spread over the set gelatin mixture.
- Combine the melted margarine, pretzels, walnuts and sugar until well mixed.
- Sprinkle the topping over the cream cheese layer.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
A big hit with the family. Will be making this easy dessert again