Recipe by cookin' from scratch
From BHG. I replaced some of the sugar with Splenda. This was supposed to make 10 servings, but a 9 inch round pan is only 4-6 servings in our dessert loving house!
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel, shredded
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1⁄4 cup egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 2 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened (Neufchatel)
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda granular
- 2 tablespoons egg whites
- 1 cup raspberries
- raspberries (to garnish) (optional)
- 2 tablespoons sifted powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly coat a 9x1-1/2-inch round baking pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a medium bowl stir together the flour, baking powder, lemon peel, and baking soda, set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl beat the 1/4 cup granulated sugar and 1/2 cup Splenda and butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until combined.
- Add the 1/4 cup egg whites and the vanilla. Beat on low to medium speed for 1 minute. Alternately add the flour mixture and buttermilk to the egg mixture, beating just until combined after each addition. Pour into prepared pan.
- In a small mixing bowl beat the cream cheese and the 1/4 cup Splenda on medium to high speed until combined. Add the 2 tablespoons egg product. Beat until combined. Arrange the 1 cup raspberries over the batter in the pan. Pour the cream cheese mixture over all.
- Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool slightly on wire rack. Serve warm. If desired, top with additional fruit. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.