Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
A fruity-nutty muffin
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄2 cup sweet butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons chopped hazelnuts
- 3 1⁄2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 1⁄3 cups superfine sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup fresh raspberry
- Preheat oven to 400°; grease a 12-cup muffing pan.
- In a small bowl, pour boiling water over the instant coffee; stir in the milk; set aside to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the hazelnuts, flour, sugar, and baking soda.
- In a larger mixing bowl, beat the eggs and buttermilk with an electric mixer until combined, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the cooled coffee; add the flour mixture, stirring until nearly combined.
- Gently fold in the raspberries.
- Spoon batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until test done; remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Super delicious. Interestingly, I just came across the same recipe in a book on muffins, translated to Dutch...
Great muffins Swimmin. I wish the coffee taste came thru better at first, but the next day it was a bit stronger. Thanks for the recipe and I"m glad I tagged because of my love for raspberries and coffee and of course anything muffins. Made for March's photoforum CoffeeKlatch~