Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
I've made this in mixed combo's of scratch, with pre-made store bought pie crusts, with fresh berries, frozen berries and it always taste great. Make sure the frozen berries are well drained. Or use the berry that is in season! Also, seal up cracks by pinching dough, otherwise, the filling will leak and put a piece of foil on bottom of oven just in case.
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour, all purpose
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 lb cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 2 eggs, large
- 3 tablespoons ice water
- 2 1⁄2 cups raspberries, fresh
- 2 1⁄2 cups blackberries, fresh
- 2⁄3 cup sugar, plus
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Combine flour,sugar and salt in food processor;pulse to combine.
- Add butter and yolks;pulse until water is incorporated or until the dough forms a ball around blades.
- Turn out mixture onto lightly floured surface, press into lightly floured surface,press into a ball and then flatten into a 6 inch disk.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill until firm in the refrigerator for about a hour.
- Preheat oven 450°F.
- On floured surface roll out to 14 to 15 inches.
- Transfer to unrimmed baking sheet.
- Toss together berries,2/3 cup sugar and cornstarch in medium bowl, coat well.
- Spread over dough,leaving 2 1/2 inch border of crust. Fold dough edge over the fruit;pleating and pinching to seal any cracks.
- Brush with egg whites and sprinkle the 2 teaspoons sugar over fruit but not the dough.
- Bake 45 minutes or until crust is deep golden brown and filling is hot and bubbling.
- If crust browns and filling is not ready cover crust(not berries)with loosely foil and continue baking.
- Cool on pan for 20 minutes.
- Slide spatula under all sides of crust to loosen galette from sheet and transfer to platter.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.