Recipe by Steve P.
A nice flavorful quick bread. The apples and berries complement each other very nicely. The oatmeal makes for an added flavor complement as well.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats (uncooked)
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil (or canola oil )
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 3⁄4 cup chopped raspberries
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped apple
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Grease and flour bottom bottom only of 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
- Combine first six ingredients, mixing well; set aside.
- Beat eggs and oil with fork or wire whisk to blend thoroughly; mix in orange juice, water and orange peel. Add to dry ingredients, mixing just until moistened.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.