Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
My husband loves butternut pound cake, but after several days it starts to dry out. So I created this recipe to use it up. It is so luscious and it looks elaborate instead of so simple.
- 3 -4 cups leftover butter pound cake
- 3 -4 tablespoons Amaretto
- 1 (1 ounce) box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1⁄2 cup frozen sweetened raspberries
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, crushed
- Break the cake into kinda small chunks, but not crumbs, and place in an appropriate container.
- Sprinkle Amaretto over top and toss. Let set to soak for 1 hour.
- Make pudding mix according to package directions. When it begins to set, spoon it over the cake mixture.
- Spread the raspberries over the pudding.
- Spoon whipped topping over top and sprinkle with the chopped walnuts.
I made this last nite and used some leftover cake. I simply cut away the frosting and used the cake part for the recipe. It is so good. I'll surely make it again. I used amaretto this time, but I think I'll experiment next time and try some other type of alcohol.