heather in Ont,'s Note:
The amaretto adds a subtle flavour to this light tasting dessert. Quick and easy to make as it only needs to chill for 30 minutes. The original recipe calls for 1 3.3 oz pkg of instant white chocolate pudding mix which I have yet to find in my grocery stores and 1/2 cup fat free milk. I have substituted PC's Devon Custard or in French "Creme Anglaise du Devon" for the white chocolate pudding. I also added fresh raspberries and kiwi to jazz it up. Do not make the day before or the cake may become soggy. Cooking time is for chilling. Original recipe source:Cooking Light
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine raspberry spread and amaretto in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk until smooth.
- 2Arrange half of cake cubes in a 2 quart trifle bowl or glass bowl, brush with half of raspberry mixture.
- 3Spoon half of the custard over raspberry mixture.
- 4Next spread 1 pint of fresh raspberries over first layer of cake and raspberries/amaretto mixture.
- 5Place sliced kiwi around edge of bowl so it looks like the slice is standing up.
- 6Repeat layers with remaining cake cubes, raspberry/amaretto mixture and custard.
- 7Sprinkle evenly with toasted almonds.
- 8Cover and chill at least 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Raspberry Amaretto Angel Trifle
Serving Size: 1 (127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 321.2
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 145.9 mg
- Sodium 165.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 12.7 g
- Protein 4.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
angel food cake