Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
The amaretto adds a subtle flavour to this light tasting dessert. Quick and easy to make as it only needs to chill for 30 minutes. The original recipe calls for 1 3.3 oz pkg of instant white chocolate pudding mix which I have yet to find in my grocery stores and 1/2 cup fat free milk. I have substituted PC's Devon Custard or in French "Creme Anglaise du Devon" for the white chocolate pudding. I also added fresh raspberries and kiwi to jazz it up. Do not make the day before or the cake may become soggy. Cooking time is for chilling. Original recipe source:Cooking Light
- Combine raspberry spread and amaretto in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk until smooth.
- Arrange half of cake cubes in a 2 quart trifle bowl or glass bowl, brush with half of raspberry mixture.
- Spoon half of the custard over raspberry mixture.
- Next spread 1 pint of fresh raspberries over first layer of cake and raspberries/amaretto mixture.
- Place sliced kiwi around edge of bowl so it looks like the slice is standing up.
- Repeat layers with remaining cake cubes, raspberry/amaretto mixture and custard.
- Sprinkle evenly with toasted almonds.
- Cover and chill at least 30 minutes.
Thanks for sending this recipe - it looks wonderful and we love the flavor of Amaretto. I think I prefer your version made with Devon Creme. You can buy white chocolate pudding in Walmart, but we don't care for instant puddings. Thanks again. Maybe when I have a chance to make this I will be able to rate it 5.