Yummy little squares.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set the oven at 350 degrees.
- 2Lightly butter a 9-by-13-inch pan.
- 3Line the pan with waxed paper, letting the sides extend over the edges.
- 4Butter the paper and dust it with flour.
- 5In a food processor fitted with the steel blade, work the sugar and almonds until they are finely chopped.
- 6Remove from the bowl.
- 7Cut the butter into pieces and add them to the processor with the flour and salt.
- 8Work in on-off motions until the mixture forms crumbs.
- 9Mix the yolk with the almond extract.
- 10Add it to the flour mixture.
- 11Add the nut mixture.
- 12Pulse just to combine them.
- 13Spread more than half the crumb mixture in the prepared pan, patting it down gently.
- 14Drop the jam over the mixture.
- 15Sprinkle with the remaining crumbs, patting them very gently.
- 16It's OK if jam peeks through the crumbs.
- 17Transfer the pan to the hot oven and bake the mixture for 40 to 50 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the jam is bubbling.
- 18Cool the pan on a wire rack.
- 19Using the sides of the waxed paper, slide the rectangle of dough onto the rack.
- 20Let it cool completely, then set it on a cookie sheet and chill the dough.
- 21Use a serrated-edge knife in a sawing motion to cut the dough into 18 bars.
- 22Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar before serving.
- 23Store in an airtight container.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Raspberry-Almond Squares
Serving Size: 1 (1075 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 259.3
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 37.6 mg
- Sodium 16.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 19.4 g
- Protein 2.7 g