1/5 Photos of Raspberry Almond Shortbread Thumbprints
This is a great recipe I stumbled across on the inside of a Land O Lakes butter box! I remember thinking that it looked good but recipes inside boxes couldn't possibly be good. Boy was I wrong. This one gets more compliments. Be sure to use real butter and roll small balls as it will help your cookies look better. The prep time does not including cooking time or cooling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter (no substitutes)
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam (seedless is my preference)
- 1Heat oven to 350°F
- 2In large mixer bowl combine sugar, butter, and almond extract.
- 3Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy (1 to 2 minutes).
- 4Reduce speed to low; add flour.
- 5Continue beating until well mixed (1 to 2 minutes).
- 6Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
- 7With thumb, make indentation in center of each cookie (edges may crack slightly).
- 8Fill each indentation with about ¼ t. jam.
- 9Bake for 14 to 18 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- 10Let stand 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet.
- 12In small bowl stir together powdered sugar and 1½ t. almond extract.
- 13Gradually stir in enough water for a thin glaze.
- 14Drizzle over cooled cookies.
- 15TIP: If cookies are spreading too much, chill dough 1 hour or stir in 1 to 2 T. flour.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Raspberry Almond Shortbread Thumbprints
Serving Size: 1 (908 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 99.7
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 12.2 mg
- Sodium 42.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 0.7 g