Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
With chocolate, nuts and raspberries you can't go wrong with this bar.
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar (NO SUBSTITUTIONS)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1⁄2 cup toasted slivered almonds, chopped
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 -3 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 325*.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a lrg. bowl, beat butter for 30 seconds. Add sugar and beat until fluffy. Add egg and almond extract. Beat well. Beat in half of the flour mixture until combined. Stir in remining half of the flour with a wooden spoon.
- Divide dough into fourths.Shape each portion into a 13" by 2" by 1" (13=lengh/2=width/1=height) rectangle; place 4"-5" apart on 2 ungreased baking pans. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until edges are firm. Cool on cookie sheets for 2 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Spread 2 tablespoons jam down center of each bar. Sprinkle almonds along each side of jam. Stir together powdered sugar, vanilla and enough milk to make a drizzling consistency. Drizzle over bars. Cut into 1" thick slices.