Recipe by Wildflour
This is a VERY old recipe that I doctored years ago!
Top Review by Clyde'sBonnie
I tried these cookies today for the first time. I did not have dark brown sugar so used light in its place. The cookies spread a bit more than I anticipated, so next time I would be a bit more generous with the raspberry preserve. I chose not to cover the preserve with cookie dough, but rather used a sliced almond to cover up, giving the cookie a slightly different look and enhancing the almond flavor in the cookie.
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup coconut
- 2⁄3 cup raspberry preserves
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter, beat in sugars.
- Beat in water, extracts and eggs.
- (Will look curdled.)
- Stir in rest of ingredients well.
- Drop by Tbls. onto ungreased cookie sheet. Make a small well in centers, fill with a teaspoons of raspberry preserves or jam.
- Take a tiny piece of dough and kindof half cover the jam down the center over just the jam.
- Bake for about 9-11 minutes at 400º.
- Let set on cookie sheet for 1 minute, remove to wire racks to cool.
- Seems like I got about 3 1/2 dozen -- I didn't get to count them, they were being eaten too fast!