Recipe by Charlotte J
May take a bit more time to fix but well worth it.
Top Review by ICookItsWhatIDo
These were sooo yummy! I bought the almond paste that was already in the shape of a tube and just rolled it out a little more so it was smaller, then sliced it into disks. I was only able to make 12 large muffins - perhaps use teaspoons of batter instead of tablespoons if you want to get 16 muffins out of this recipe. I also topped them with a crumb topping before baking - 1/3 cup brown sugar, 2 tbsp flour, 1/8 tsp cinnamon, 1 tbsp melted butter, mixed together. Thank you for posting this recipe - will make again!
- 5 ounces almond paste
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup raspberry preserves
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line muffin pan with foil baking cups.
- Cut almond paste into 16 pieces and pat into a round disc (about 1 1/2 inches across).
- In mixer cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs then add baking powder, soda and extract.
- Fold in 1 cup flour, buttermilk then remaining flour until well blended.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons batter into each cup and smooth surface.
- Top with level teaspoonful of preserves, then the piece of almond paste.
- Top each muffin with another 2 tablespoons of batter.
- Bake 25 minutes or until lightly brown.