Recipe by Charmed
These are delicious, elegant little morsels. It's an old recipe from the Pampered Chef. My favorite jam to use in these muffins is seedless black raspberry.
Top Review by melaniedaly
AMAZING! More like a biscuit than cake. I swapped out peach preserves and I am renaming mine: Peach pie bites. The muffin part tastes a bit like pie dough!! I didn't use the powdered sugar, but maybe next time. Flavor was ON POINT!! So yummy. Easy to make.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄4 cup raspberry preserves
- powdered sugar, for dusting (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Spray a mini-muffin pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Stir in the melted butter, milk, egg and almond extract, and mix until well-combined.
- Fill the prepared muffin cups about 2/3 full.
- Stir the preserves to soften and top each muffin with about 1/2 tsp.
- of preserves.
- Press in slightly, then gently fold over some of the batter to cover the muffin (or you could fill them 1/2 full, top with the preserves, then top with a bit more batter).
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until the muffins are light golden brown and a cake tester inserted carefully into the muffin comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool in pan for 5 minutes.
- Then carefully remove from the pan and serve warm or at room temperature, dusted with powdered sugar if desired.