Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a childhood recipe from my aunt, a wonderful desert for showers can be cut into large squares of little squares
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 (8 ounce) jar raspberry jam (small or large size depending on how much jam you like)
- Combine flour, baking powder, sugar, shortening and butter mix on low speed add beaten eggs and extract can mix with mixer on low or by hand will form a dough divide dough in half and spread half on bottom of ungreased pan 11 x 7 pan pressing dough down with your knuckles spread layer of jam.
- Then crumble remaining half of dough into little balls and sprinkle over the entire layer of jam bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes until top layer of dough is lightly browned.
- You can use any type of jam you prefer.
Absolutely yummy! I used an 8 x 11 pan and pressed 3/4ths of the dough in the bottom. I topped the dough with 11 oz. of Marionberry jam and topped the jam with sliced almonds before crumbling the remaining dough over it to finish. The almonds, jam and buttery crust are a perfect combination! Thanks for sharing, Pumpkie!
Great, easy little cookies to make. I used homemade raspberry jam which was great. I also used a 9X9 baking dish (because I don't have an 11x7) which was fine. I did have a little extra dough left over, and just made them into little cookies.
Great little bars for having with tea or coffee !! Nice and easy to make and a joy to eat too !! I added some sliced almonds to the top . Thanks for sharing these !