Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
"Serve these European bakery-style cookies with a cup of hot tea" From a brand name baking magazine. Yummy! NOTE: Cooking/Prep time does NOT include chilling time.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- In medium bowl, beat flour, butter, cream cheese and almond extract with electric blender on medium speed until well blended and crumbly. Press dough into ball; flatten slightly, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate about 1 hour 30 minutes or until firm.
- Heat oven to 375. Divide dough in half (refrigerate other half of dough until needed). On lightly floured surface, roll half of dough 1/4 inch thick. Cut into 2 1/2 inch rounds. On ungreased cookie sheet, place rounds 1/2 inch apart. Reroll any remaining dough.
- Place 1/4 t. of the jam off center on each cookie to within 1/4 inch of edge. Fold cookies in half over jam; press edges firmly with fingers. Seal edges with tines of fork. Brush cookies with egg white. Sprinkle with almonds and sugar.
- Bake 11-15 minutes or until edges are golden brown and tops are lightly browned. Immediately remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.