Recipe by Mercy
This recipe originally hails from a 1977 cookbook called "Amish Cooking". Knepp are traditional Amish dumplings.
- 2 cups raspberries, fresh or frozen
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup flour
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring first three ingredients to a boil.
- Mix cornstarch with enough water to make a smooth sauce and then stir into the hot raspberry mixture.
- Bring back to a boil.
- Mix together the knepp ingredients.
- Drop the dough by spoonfuls into the boiling raspberry mixture.
- Cover with a tight-fitting lid and let simmer for 20-minutes.
- Do not uncover during the simmering period.
- May be served with heavy cream or ice cream.