Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This has been our Chrstmas day dessert for many years. Loved by everyone. I have been asked for this recipe every year when someone new spends christmas day with us. Enjoy
- 2 (600 g) package frozen raspberries, thawed and juice reserved
- 2 (500 g) package cream cheese, I always use Philadelphia
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 709.77 ml whipped cream or 709.77 ml Cool Whip
- 453.59 g cake or 453.59 g sponge cake, cut into 1/4 inch squares
- 118.29 ml grated chocolate
- Beat cream cheese until fluffy. Fold in whipped cream / cool whip.
- Sprinkle reserved raspberry juice over cake squares (you want them moistened, but not soggy).
- In a trifle bowl or glass bowl, place a layer of the moistened cake on the bottom, followed by 1/3 of the cream cheese mixture. Then a layer of 1/2 of the raspberries, pushing the raspberries against the sides of the bowl.
- Top with grated choclate.
- Then another layer of cake, followed by 1/3 of the cream cheese mixture and then the remaining raspberries, again pushing the berries against the side of the bowl.
- Placing the remaining 1/3 cream mixture on the top followed by grated chocolate.
- Chill for several hours.