Prep 6 mins
Cook 0 mins
Delicious and pretty healthy for a yogurt smoothie. Use the best ingredients. Amounts are guesstimates, add to your liking. Made up when I was craving crystallized ginger & yogurt.
- 1⁄3 cup fresh raspberry
- 1 cup 3% thick yogurt (or use Balkan or Greek)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons raw local honey (I used organic, good honey, good health)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons crystallized ginger (I love the soft round pieces from Bulk Barn - 2 1/4 pieces of those)
- Blend all the ingredients until smooth as possible. (There may be seeds left unblended depending on the blender you use).
- Taste and adjust any ingredient if needed by adding more to your taste.
- Enjoy in a tall glass!
Yowzer, easily the best tasting smoothie that I have tried on zaar. It has two of my favorite flavors, Raspberries and Candied Ginger. I am in smoothie heaven, it is thick and oh so flavorful. Thank you so much for sharing a drink that I will enjoy again and again. I garnished this treat with a little whipped cream and a fresh berry. Made for Think Pink 2011.
Delicious! I used homemade crystalized ginger, Greek yogurt with honey so eliminated the raw honey. Thanks for a breakfast treat!
Delicious, unique flavor and not overly sweet. I crushed the
crystallized ginger in a small pestle and mortar first.
A few of the ginger pieces didn't blend at all, but that was okay because
I had a tasty surprise at the bottom of the glass. Local yogurt, local
honey, local raspberries! Reviewed for NA*ME tag/August.