Recipe by Manami
This looks like a great appetizer before or aprés diner nosh. Driscoll's Berries web site. I took the liberty of changing the pine nuts for toasted almonds -- personal preference. This is great for diabetics too, in small quantities!
- 6 ounces driscoll's raspberries
- 6 ounces driscoll's blackberries
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped pine nuts or 2 tablespoons toasted coarsely chopped almonds
- 1 tablespoon fine dry breadcrumb
- 2 tablespoons sugar or 2 tablespoons Splenda granular, sugar substitute
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- 1 pinch vegetable salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 400ºF.
- Rinse and drain berries.
- Mix goat cheese and cream cheese in food processor or by hand until blended.
- Form mixture into a disk about the size of hockey puck.
- Place on oven-proof plate or an aluminum foil coated cookie sheet.
- Combine chopped almonds and bread crumbs in a small bowl.
- Press onto top and sides of cheese disk.
- Place plate or sheet in center of oven for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a medium bowl, combine sugar, vinegar, olive oil, honey, pepper, garlic and salt.
- Gently mix in berries.
- Spoon berries over disk.
- Serve warm with flat bread, crackers or French bread.
- (To remove disk from cookie sheet, lift edges of foil and slide disk to plate. Cut foil away from edges of disk.).