Recipe by Mooseybear
I have not tried this yet, but had to post because it looks so good! From Better Homes, Simply Better.
- 2 cups raspberries
- 4 teaspoons raspberry liqueur or 4 teaspoons orange juice
- 1 (6 ounce) carton lemon low fat yogurt
- 2 ounces frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 3 tablespoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Reserve 1/4 cup of the Raspberries.
- In a medium bowl, drizzle liqueur over remaining raspberries, toss gently to coat.
- In a small bowl, stir together yogurt and whipped topping.
- Spoon berry mixture into desert dishes.
- Top with yogurt mixture. Cover and chill for up to 4 hours.
- Before serving, place sugar in a small heavy saucepan.
- Heat over medium high heat until the sugar starts to melt, shaking pan ocassionally to heat sugar evenly. Do not stir.
- Once sugar starts to melt, reduce heat to low and cook about 5 minutes more or until all of the sugar is melted and golden, stirring as needed with wooden spoon.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 1 minute.
- Dip a fork into the carmelized sugar and let syrup run off the tines for several seconds.
- Shake the fork over the dessert, drizzling thin strands of carmelized sugar over yogurt mixture.
- If the sugar starts to harden in the pan, return it to low heat, stirring until sugar is melted.
- Top with reserved raspberries.