Prep 40 mins
Cook 1 hr
I asked my daughter for some of her Chambord recipes and she gave me this. She got it off the internet but can't remember the web site. I love meringues -- we make them here at the home with Splenda. It makes a beautiful dessert and not that difficult to make. When making meringues it is not a smart idea to do so in damp, rainy weather.
- 1 pint fresh raspberries or 12 ounces thawed frozen raspberries
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups Chambord raspberry liquor
- 2 egg whites, room temperature
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- RASPBERRY FILLING:.
- Combine raspberries, sugar, and Chambord and set aside.
- HOW TO MAKE MERINGUES:.
- Beat egg whites until frothy. Add cream of tartar, beat well. Add sugar, two tablespoons at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Continue beating until glossy and very stiff peaks are formed.
- Using a spoon or pastry tube, shape meringue into nests on parchment-lined baking sheet. Make each nest about 2-1/2" wide and 1-1/2" high. With a spoon, make a well in center of each nest.
- Bake in low oven, 250ºF degrees for 50-60 minutes until meringues are firm and dry.
- Remove from paper and cool on wire racks.
- Fill with equal amounts of raspberry filling.