Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This was submitted by Jayakrishnan to Young Times in 2004. My Dad loves these :) Enjoy!
Top Review by ExoticMJ
Ras- sweet juice, gulla-ball, this is the meaning of the name of the dish. This is a very delicate recipe.Being an Indian this is a very well loved dessert at home.. The method of preparation of rasgullas is a little different, so it may be a little difficult to get right at first shot. ut, once mastered, this dessert is a delight to senses!! Absolutely heaven!! Easch step needs precision to achieve the perfect soft, light, melt in mouth juicy sweets..
- 500 g cottage cheese
- 250 g sugar
- 250 ml water
- 1 teaspoon plain flour
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1 teaspoon rose water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, knead together flour, cardamom powder and cheese until you get a smooth pliable dough.
- Divide into equal parts.
- Shape into balls (rasgullas).
- In a pot boil together the sugar and water to prepare a thin syrup.
- Drop the prepared rasgullas into the boiling syrup.
- Let it remain this way for 10 minutes.
- Every 2 minutes, sprinkle water on the boiling syrup.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Flavour with rose water and store refrigerated - this must be served chilled.