Recipe by PuenteTriana
This is an original recipe from Maru Botana, an excellent Argentinian chef, with my personal touch. My touch is indicated with (*) in case you want to stick to the original They last nothing, and go great with tea, coffee, milk, mate. Try making it in a food processor.
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter (350 g, if at room temperature, its easier)
- 4 cups all-purpose flour (500 g)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger (*)
- 1⁄2 cup toasted almond, chopped (*)
- 1 1⁄4 cups confectioners' sugar (150 g)
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 11 ounces raspberry jam (you can use any other jam or jelly) or 11 ounces jelly (you can use any other jam or jelly)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven.
- Mix flour, baking powder and ginger. Cream the flour mix with the butter. Add the almonds, and mix.
- Blend in the sugar. Add the egg yolks and vanilla.
- Knead for 5'. Divide the dough in 4 and make 1" wide logs. Cover with film and put in the fridge for 30'.
- Cut the logs in 1/2" slices and put in ungreased cookie sheet leaving 1" in between. Using your finger or a spoon press the center of each cookie to make an indention and fill with jam. I usually make different flavors in a batch.
- Cook for 20 to 25' at 350º F moderate (or 180º C) or until lightly golden. Cool in a rack store in a can or jar. Quantity depends on the size of the cookie.