1/1 Photo of Rasberry Fudge Torte
1 hr 30 mins
Bonnie G #2's Note:
Was grocery shopping and saw one of those small Taste of Homes recipe books and saw this photo on the cover. Had to have it and give it a try. It starts with a simple cake mix and produces a lovely, bakery looking cake just as it claims. Taste wonderful, looks pretty and not to hard, but is time consuming so plan ahead. Great for this time of year when all my rasberries are coming in. YUM
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 517.37 g box devil's food cake mix
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 177.44 ml water
- 3 eggs
- 78.07 ml canola oil
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 236.59 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips, miniature
- 2In large bowl, combine cake mix, sour cream, water, eggs, oil and vanilla.
- 3Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- 4Fold in miniature chips.
- 5Pour into three greased and floured 9" round baking pans.
- 6Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 7Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 9Place chocolate chips in small bowl
- 10In small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil.
- 11Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth.
- 12Stir in butter.
- 13Transfer to small bowl; cover and refrigerate until mixture reaches a spreading consistency, stirring occasionally.
- 14RASBERRY CREAM:.
- 15Mash and strain raspberries.
- 16Combine suar and cornstarch; stir in rasberry juice.
- 17Bring to a boil, cook and stir over low heat for 1-2 minutes until thickened.
- 18Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 19Fold in whipped cream.
- 21Place on cake layer on a serving plate; spread with half of ganache.
- 22Top with second cake layer; spread with raspberry cream.
- 23Top with remaining cake layer; spread with remaining ganache.
- 24Garnish with raspberries if desired.
- 25Cover and store in refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Fillings and Frostings Chocolate Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Fillings and Frostings Chocolate Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rasberry Fudge Torte
Serving Size: 1 (219 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 654.5
- Calories from Fat 372
- Total Fat 41.3 g
- Saturated Fat 17.5 g
- Cholesterol 103.4 mg
- Sodium 491.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 49.0 g
- Protein 7.5 g