Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
nice dessert for the family, or company
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package white cake mix
- 3 cups flaked coconut, divided
- 6 (1 ounce) squares white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3⁄4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions.
- Fold in 2/3 cup coconut.
- Pour into to greased and floured 9 inch round baking pans, and bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a microwave, melt white chocolate and cream at 70% power for 1 minute. Stir.
- Microwave at 10-20 second intervals, stirring until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
- In a small bowl, combine jam, and 1 cup coconut. Spread over 1 cake layer, and top with 2nd cake layer.
- In a small bowl, beat butter until fluffy, Add the confectioners sugar, and beat until smooth.
- Gradually beat in white chocolate mixture.
- Spread over top and sides of cake.
- Toast remaining coconut, and spread over cake.
Made for PRMR! Exactly what I was expecting! I toasted the coconut! It was really great. I don't care much about baking but if it turns out like this, it might change my mind...