Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1 cup powdered milk
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 20 pieces pistachios
- 1 pinch saffron
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 eggs, beaten
- Milk:soak the pistachio in water for few hours.
- skin them and slice them.
- keep aside.
- In a pan pour water.
- add milk powder, saffron, sugar and cardamom powder into this and mix well.
- there should be no lumps.
- put it on stove and let cook on low flame.
- dumplings:in a bowl mix together the milk powder and baking powder.
- pour the egg little-little into this, just enought to make a soft ball.
- make round balls or oval shaped dumplings and keep covered under a damp cloth till the milk gets a boil.
- when the milk gets a boil, put these balls into the milk and cook till they puff for about 3- 5 mins.
- remove of the flame and leave to cool.
- once cooled put the pistachio into this and keep in the fridge for few hours till cold.
why are the centre of the balls hard