Recipe by starbon
This is a new recipe i recreated to make my own recipe of it.its a fried milk ball in a sugar syrup.this can be used for any small or large gathering or if you are just treating yourself.its an Indian sweet and loved by many.kids love it and so do adults.its the perfect little thing to please that great sweet tooth you may have.very satisfying.....
for the little milk balls
- 1 1⁄4 cups powdered milk
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄8 cup semolina
- evaporated milk
- oil (for frying)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 5 cardamoms or 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 5 cloves or 1 teaspoon clove powder
- 3 drops rose essence or 3 drops rose water
- 1⁄2 cinnamon sticks or 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- For milk balls:.
- combine milk, flour, baking powder, butter and semolina and pour just enough evaporated milk to make a dough.The dough should be the consistency of cookie dough.make small balls 3/4 inch - 1 inch in diameter.lave dough to sit for a while.
- For syrup:.
- Put all ingredients for syrup in a pot and put to boil.let it boil for about 7 minutes after all the sugar has been melted in the pot.
- while this is being done, put oil to heat.When the oil is hot enough, turn down the heat to the lowest and place the balls in the pot.let it become golden-brown.this takes less than a minute.when all the balls have been fried, immerse them in the syrup.leave it until cool and enjoy.
- NB: this can be garnished with a little dessicated coconuts.
- if doubling the recipe,the spices do not need to be doubled but, put just some more.use your judgment.