Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
This is a spicy lamb dish, but you can halve the amount of ras el hanout to taste. It takes a while to cook, but it's relatively simple. I serve it with saffron rice.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 500 g lean lamb, cut into bite sized chunks
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 30 g sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 teaspoons ras el hanout spice mix
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 pint vegetable stock
- salt and black pepper
- Add the oil to a large saucepan or deep-sided frying pan and fry the onions and garlic until brown. Set aside.
- Fry off lamb until coloured, add onions and garlic back into the pan.
- Add Ras el Hanout, salt and pepper stir well to coat everything.
- Add vegetable stock and bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer and cook for 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Add the honey and continue to cook for 30 minutes, until the lamb is very tender.
- Serve with rice and scatter the toasted almonds over as you serve it.